AIDAN JAMES GRAHAM

1st October, 1937 – 9th January, 2008.

Graham Quarries have been extracting crushed rock and sand from their Quarry Road work authorities in Langwarrin for over 40 years.

Aidan Graham first started in the extractive industry in the late 1950's, winning sand aboard a Fordson Major at a sandpit that went on to become one of his four extractive holdings in the Langwarrin area.

Through the late 1960's, Aidan and wife Annette grew their business and Aidan J Graham Pty Ltd began operating out of a 60 acre quarry site in Langwarrin in the early 1970's; although the quarry had been operational under various owners since the turn of the 20th Century.

Upon the commissioning of a Portec cone crusher and a 36" Allis Chalmers jaw in the early 1980's, the early ripped rock products which had laid the foundation for the company (as well as the Mornington Peninsula Freeway) gave way to higher grade crushed rocks. Under the careful stewardship of Aidan and a dedicated workforce, the next decade saw the business expand to the current four extractive sites, with the ability to offer a myriad of sand, soil and stone products all won and processed locally.

With Aidan's passing in January 2008, the direction of the business is now in the hands of Aidan's wife Annette and the second generation Graham's, Anthony and Michelle.

The new management has an eye keenly on the future and Aidan J Graham Pty Ltd looks forward to expanding opportunities for staff and the business, whilst continuing to promote Langwarrin resources to the Melbourne and Victorian market.

AJG's core products are now extracted from 165 Quarry Rd, with everything from brick sand, packing sand and topsoil through to soft rock fill, structural fill, crushed concrete and 85mm Crushed Rock.

Although AJG sold the 130 Quarry Rd site in June 2015, it still can offer rock products from this site for delivery.